Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Big Week

I am racing the Lifetime Fitness triathlon this Saturday in Minneapolis and am hoping I can put together a complete race.  I can't afford to have a sub-par swim, or transitions as it will be a very tight race.  There is alot of out of state talent coming in for the elite amateur race, including Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado, as well as guys from the west and east coast states.  I have never done this race but watched it last year.  It was alot of fun and a ton of spectators lined the course.
The pro race will be another exciting one!  The field is completely stacked with world class athletes, including 23 men and 16 women working for the first place 60,000 dollar prize purse.  Guys are here from Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc... and include the 70.3 world champion, an olympic gold medalist, 2 of the 3 representatives from the US triathlon olympic team.  You have to be a touch notch pro to get into this race and it is unfortunate that I will not be able to watch as my wave starts directly after these guys.  Should be a fun weekend.  Now I just gotta make sure I train smart this week.

No comments: