Friday, May 30, 2008

hyvee

I waited to sign up for Hy-vee triathlon until I new I could actually run.  But I waited a little too long and unfortunately it has filled up.  That is what I get for waiting, which is not something you can do in the triathlon world, where races sometimes fill up 6 months in advance (Its not as bad as Ironman races, which cost nearly 500 dollars and you have to sign up a year in advance!  Hell, I don't even know what I'll be doing in a year).  Since I am a poor graduate student, I don't like forking over mounds of money only to end up injured/miss the entire season.  
The last few days have been rather gloomy; the cold, windy, and rainy days have drained my motivation, and this damn sickness that has lingered on all week isn't helping.  The Buffalo triathlon is on Sunday morning which I am really excited about.  It will be the longest swim I have done in a tri and the first real olympic distance that I have raced.  The water is going to be freezing so I'm a little concerned about having a shortsleeve wetsuit.  

No comments: